- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Town Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- New Page
- Contact Us
Town Hall closed Wed - December 03, 2018
Monon Town Hall will be closed Wed 12/5 from 10am to 3pm. [more...]
Utility Bill help - April 04, 2018
White County residents with a fixed or low income may be eligible for energy assistance through A... [more...]
Parks & Recreation
The Town of Monon Parks and Recreation Department provides park facilities and programs to accommodate the needs and interests of local residents and visitors. Whether you are into sports, nature or just want to take your children to the playground, Town of Monon is the place for you. The Monon Park is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
Entrances to the Monon Park are off of 2nd Street and Park Road.
The Monon Park has several buildings available for rent May 1st through October 31st to accomodate family picnics, reunions, etc.
The Pine is a rustic log cabin with kitchen and bathroom facilities. 2017 Donation: $60.00
The Oak is an open & spacious cemented area covered by a roof. 2017 Donation: $20.00
The Hickory is an open cemented area covered by a roof. 2017 Donation: $20.00
The Maple is an open cemented area covered by a roof. It has bathroom facilities. 2017 Donation: $20.00
To check availability of the above Park buildings call the Monon Town Hall 219 253-6441.
Rules and regulations for use of Park facilities apply. These include, but are not limited to:
- No beer or alcohol in Cabin or Park
- Clean tables and chairs of any food or drink
- Sweep floors
- Clean refrigerator and stove when used
- Decorations are permitted, but no staples or tacks are to be used in walls, tables or chairs
- Remove all decorations at the end of your event
- Put all trash in barrels
- Facility must be clean and ready to lock by 9:00 p.m. Park staff will open and lock facility.
Non-compliance with the above rules & regulations will result in denial of future Park rental requests!
Come out and enjoy our beautiful parks!